Shopping for gifts for a loved one can be stressful but it does not have to be! Whether you are looking for a thoughtful gift or a great last-minute gift, we have something that is right for you and your elderly loved ones.
As our parents' age, there may be some noticeable changes in their mental and physical state. Some may perceive it as an inevitable problem especially when planning for the holidays. Yet, thinking of holiday gifts for your loved ones may help ease your mind. With the holiday season around the corner, we have some awesome gift ideas to consider for your elderly loved ones. Shopping for gifts for a loved one can be stressful but it does not have to be! Whether you are looking for a thoughtful gift or a great last-minute gift, we have something that is right for you and your elderly loved ones.
- Pastimes: eBooks and print books in large print can be a great choice for avid readers. Also, a great gift idea is a large print of adult coloring books with a custom set of markers. Care Box is another great gift idea. It is a senior-focused subscription box service that selects fun, seasonal, and useful items for each box, along with optional personalized messages and photos.
- Comfort items: For elders affected by Alzheimer’s or related dementias, soft, fluffy, fire-retardant clothes can provide great comfort. Also, try to consider weighted blankets, which are becoming more popular as people learn about their many stress-reducing benefits.
- Technology: Tablets and iPads are not only for young people. These are great gift ideas that keep friends and family connected. Also, a variety of smartphones and tablets that tailored for seniors, featuring large-sized types, a simplified interface, and easy-to-understand controls.
- Mobility aids: If your parents are having a challenging time maneuvering between their 2 story homes, we would suggest considering an Acorn Stairlift. This will supply a quick, and cost-effective solution while supplying many other benefits. Also, another mobility aid to consider is a bed cane that can assist in rising from the bed frame.
- Photo displays: Memories of treasured family events, milestones, etc. are wonderful ways to immortalize those moments. Digitizing old pictures and videos can be a great surprise gift. Going over memories and events can be an especially rewarding experience.
Many elders appreciate gifts that are personalized, thoughtful, and useful. Useful simple items, like cozy slippers or warm blankets, make great gifts as well. Other elaborate gifts, such as phones or tablets, are great ways to help older adults stay connected. No matter what gift you choose to get, be sure to express your love and appreciation for their continued presence this holiday season!